What is IDS Planning©?
IDS Planning is a web app developed by TIA for hotel industry managers. This app enables its users to:
- Manage employee working hours dynamically, improving productivity and boosting employees’ capacity to cover multiple skill areas. Your business’s largest operating cost centre (payroll) is monitored in real time.
- Prepare daily operating service schedules (for the front desk, housekeeping, dining room and kitchen), based on the identified projected business volume and the corresponding working hours required.
- Set up a policy of dynamically managing productive work hours, reducing the situations of understaffing or overstaffing on a daily basis, given the identified business volume and respecting all labour legislation. This modern management technique also requires daily tracking of the hours worked by each employee, as well as up-to-date records of overtime and compensatory rest due.
Note: “A modern hotel group must have a central software platform for schedule management and working hours analysis.”.
IDS Planning is an app used by all the hotels in the AH portfolio. It boosts employee productivity, while enabling employees to develop their skills in multiple business areas. It provides advantages for employees and for management.
1/ Benefits for the employee
- Working time flexibility:
- Reduction or increase in working time, based on the level of activity
- Working time modularised, with overtime in high season and compensatory rest in low season (within the limits of the contractual caps on weekly working hours due to seasonality).
- Higher pay for the employee: by agreeing to work in other departments as needed, an employee earns a transfer bonus calculated as a percentage of the normal hourly wage.
- Greater accuracy in timekeeping:
- Hours worked or due (thus, to know how many hours are paid but not yet worked/used)
- Weekly days off, taken or not
- Overtime worked, within contractual limits (note: overtime is accrued in IDS Planning as and when the hours are earned and used).
- Status for time off for each employee
- Status of inter job-group transfers
- Days worked per week, thus avoiding any disputes later on.
- Employees build their knowledge level and experience in the “hospitality business”, increasing their potential for promotions or reclassification.
2/ Benefits for department heads/management:
- All documents presented in a standardised format.
- Advance preparation of (adjustable) staff schedules, based on projected activity levels, two weeks ahead of time, with a revision one week ahead including milestones or performance indicators:
- • Cost of business (in euros)
- Target business budget (allocated budget)
- • Unit cost (e.g. per F&B cover or room cleaned)
- • Time (in minutes) per unit of work
- Easier scheduling, with better 2-week forecasts of business and staffing needs (per department, with corresponding costs and volume of business to manage)
- Greater responsibility by taking control of management and optimisation of working hours.
- Enhanced visibility on sales forecasts recorded in the system (with regular adjustments possible).
- Accurate operating information through the recording of actual activity data (within 15 days maximum) and the possibility to refine forecasts based on the historical data generated.
- Dynamic management of productive working hours (by reducing understaffed and overstaffed periods).
- Staff supervision and management support tools, thanks to access to accurate data on overtime to be paid, weekly days off or paid leave due, total working hours per day, week and month, etc.
- Creation of strict schedules due to the requirement to track actual hours worked on a daily basis in order to fill in daily timesheets.
- Better department management (increased managerial awareness of staff costs) and enhanced profitability thanks to better control of the system and the use of inter job-group transfers.